Biocompatible porous mineral
BVital GENOSS is an osteoconductive, porous, anorganic bone mineral derived from porcine cancellous bone. It has a carbonate apatite structure like natural human bone. It’s safe, effective and easy to use for almost all regenerative procedures and indications.
Why BVital GENOSS?
1 Safe, effective and easy to useOur source bone tissue is carefully selected and subjected to a rigorous, multistep process to eliminate any pathogens. The final material is packaged and sterilised for optimum infection control and surgical protocols. The source animal is also non-TSE relevant (not known to be susceptible to Transmissible Spongiform Encephalitis).
2 More natural bone regenerationBVital GENOSS has been built on the pioneering work done in dental biomaterials and advanced to reach new levels of regeneration. The best aspects of the established xenograft materials are retained with new features that have been scientifically tested to optimise results.
3 Advanced biotechnologyGENOSS is exactingly prepared for superior bone regeneration at every level. At the chemical level, carbonate apatite has been demonstrated to have improved osteoconductivity and resorbability compared with hydroxyapatite. Microscopically, the surface roughness profile of the apatite scaffold allows for greater better cell adhesion and osteogenesis. At the next levels, the increased granule porosity and abundance of micropores optimises the balance between providing the osteoconductive scaffold and allowing space for new bone and its blood supply.
- Increased space for new bone and vasculature
- Improved cell adhesion and bone turnover
- Improved osteoconductivity of carbonate apatite
- Larger defect fill per gram
Indications - alone or in combination with other biomaterials
- Augmentation or reconstructive treatment of the alveolar ridge
- Filling of infrabony periodontal defects
- Filling of defects after root resection, apicoectomy, and cystectomy
- Filling of extraction sockets to enhance preservation of the alveolar ridge
- Elevation of the maxillary sinus floor
- Filling of periodontal defects in conjunction with products intended for Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) and Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)
- Filling of peri-implant defects in conjunction with products intended for Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)