Tekscan T-Scan™ is an objective assessment tool used to evaluate the occlusion of a patient. Unlike articulating paper, which can only determine location, T-Scan™ can identify both force and timing, two of the most fundamental parameters for measuring occlusion.
What is dental occlusion, and how do dentists measure it?
T-Scan™'s state-of-the-art, innovative, digital technology helps clinicians to identify premature contacts, high forces, and interrelationship of occlusal surfaces. This important data cannot be captured by traditional, analog occlusal methods, like articulating paper.
Whether eliminating destructive forces on a new restoration, or performing an occlusal analysis and adjustment procedure, T-Scan™ helps you balance your patients’ occlusions and reduce costly repeat visits and remakes.
Rapid advancements in technology are shaping the face of digital dentistry. By incorporating another valuable piece of digital technology into your practice, clinicians will enhance patient education and provide a more confident, proactive approach to patient care.
The Digital Path for Perfect Function and Esthetics on Implants
Digital Dentistry Society (DDS) focuses on finding the latest and most innovative technology for the dental industry. In this presentation at the Tekscan booth of IDS 2019, DDS President Dr. Henriette Lerner discusses the importance of T-Scan digital occlusal analysis for lasting and functional implant outcomes.
Features and Benefits
How does T-Scan fit into your practice?
- Occlusal Analysis and Adjustment
- TMD/TMJ & Headaches
- Disclusion Time Reduction Therapy (DTR)
- Splint/Orthotic Therapy
- Crowns & Bridges
- Initial Comprehensive Exam & Hygiene Recare Screenings
- Denture Fitting
ImplantsWith the help Implant Loading Alerts, T-Scan™ helps dentists protect implants from damaging occulsal forces, before it becomes a problem.
CosmeticsT-Scan™'s digital bite force data helps dentists identify early and high forces that pose a threat to the longevity of ceramics and natural teeth.
Occlusal Analysis and AdjustmentT-Scan™ takes the guesswork out of the occlusal picture by capturing objective data to interpret and treat occlusion disorders.
TMD/TMJ and HeadachesWith T-Scan™'s digital bite force data; you will feel more prepared than ever to treat (and even cure) TMD patients of the pain and suffering they endure.
Disclusion Time Reduction Therapy (DTR)DTR Therapy uses T-Scan™ digital occlusal analysis data to measure the impact of excursive movements on the occlusal plane.
Splint/Orthotic TherapyDigital occlusal analysis helps dentists identify occlusal imbalances in patients being fitted for splints.
Crowns & BridgesT-Scan™ provides dentists with digital bite force data, helping to analyze the occlusion of a patient undergoing restoration procedures.
Initial Comprehensive Exam & Hygiene Recare ScreeningsMany dental practices include T-Scan™ as a screening tool during new patient exams and hygiene recare appointments as a way to identify occlusal issues and treat them before they become a problem.
Denture FittingWhen a patient is being fitted for dentures, T-Scan™ is used to analyze occlusal forces that are necessary for successful treatment outcome.
T-Scan™ v10: The Ultimate Bite Tool for The Digital Dentist
New and improved features in T-Scan™ v10 software make it easy for clinicians to analyze and treat occlusion while simultaneously increasing efficiency and revenue for their practice. This latest release is Windows 8, 9, and 10 compatible and features an improved user interface, faster performance, real-time hardware installation, the ability to generate dynamic patient reports, export scans into MP4 movie files, and more:
- Customisable arch for accurate representation of the patient's specific arches saves time and allows dentist to easier correlate the data to the mouth
- Valuable time saved as the clinician can view the data real time as it’s captured, avoiding the need to re-record if done improperly
- Implant Loading Alerts provides immediate feedback on implant loading that may be a concern, preserving artistry and protecting bone
- Digital Impression Overlay (DIO) allows clinicians to import STL files from intraoral scans, making it easier to see forces on the teeth and correlate the data to the mouth
- Center of Force (COF) Target and Trajectory allows dentist to instantly see the path of occlusion, resulting in faster diagnosis
- Utilize the Timing Table to perform discrete tooth comparisons without the need for hand calculations, saving valuable diagnostic time
- Easily prepare presentations and referrals by generating and saving T-Scan MP4 movie files
Tooth numbering: Universal, FDI/ISO, Palmer, Haderup
T-Scan™ Novus™ Handpiece plugs into any USB port to capture and transfer data from the T-Scan sensor to the user interface.
- Record and review scans using only the handpiece for increased chairside efficiency.
- Standard rate of capturing data at 175Hz, creating a high resolution, accurate representation of the occlusion.
- An optional handpiece holder offers clinician's easier access in their operatory or clinical space.
The T-Scan™ Sensor is designed to provide the high resolution and repeatable accuracy clinicians have learned to rely on for exceptional results.
- Wafer-thin, with the ability to withstand 15-25 closures
- High resolution Sensels™ for precise data
- Reusable on a single patient